Throughout North America, Truck Accident & Incident Experts, LLC, dba are recognized as truck accident expert witnesses and leading figure in the business of Commercial Motor Vehicle crash recovery and investigation. Scott L. Turner’s unparalleled field experience benefits clients facing court cases involving truck accidents.
Nearly all of Turner’s adult working life has been surrounded by trucks. He began his Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) career as an over-the-road 18-wheeler tractor-trailer driver. He then moved on to building heavy highway structures; then to CMV crash recovery and investigation, at the same time instructing truck crash and cargo-tank truck crash and investigation for the New Jersey State Police (NJSP). During this period, Turner obtained both Level 1 FMCSA Inspector training with the NJSP and PHMSA-HMR with the NJSP weights and measures master training in addition to Inspection and Investigation of CMV Crashes with the Institute of Police Technology and Management (IPTM).
In addition, Turner is arguably the most well-rounded truck accident expert witness in CMV testimony, commercial vehicle crash investigation, post-crash inspection and field researcher in the highly-specialized field of commercial vehicle accidents (crashes or loading/off-loading) serving both the plaintiff and defendant in civil and criminal cases and arbitration.
To read one of Turner’s well-written, detailed and creatively executed reports is to appreciate his true and uncanny ability to connect the dots where many experts never knew the dots existed. This is what separates a true truck crash expert from others in the field. Typical terms used by Client Counsel to describe Turner’s reports are: “excellent,” “outstanding,” “well-written,” “great stuff,” “ability to teach counsel and jury,” and “powerful.”
Attorney testimonials and references are available upon request.
Turner has served on the National Academy of Sciences and Transportation Research Board. Additionally, he has served on the Board of Advisors for Seton Hall University Business School and has been invited to serve on the CHEMTREC Board of Advisors and NIEHS Board of Advisors.
As a truck accident expert witness, Turner has played key roles in the development of several hazardous materials emergency and CMV transportation response videos and has been featured and published in numerous fire, environmental and transportation-related publications. Some of the more note-worthy accomplishments during his career as a trucking expert and truck accident expert witness include:
- Winner of the 2006 NJBIZ Magazine “Business of the Year” Award
- Winner of the 2002 “New Jersey’s Finest” Corporation Award
- Winner of the 2003 “New Jersey’s Finest” Corporation Award
- Winner of the 2004 Ernst & Young “Entrepreneur of the Year” Award
- Board of Advisors at Seton Hall University, Stillman School of Business, Entrepreneur
- Recognized in 2002 as “Summerall’s Success Stories” by Pat Summerall Production
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Specialist Instructor for New Jersey State Police
- Involved in the script writing of “Hazardous Waste” video (by EFG, remake 1995)
- Involved in the development of “Are You Ready? Building an LEPC and the role of the Public Official” video (by NJSP and HMAC, 1996).
- Involved in the development and script of “The Right Response, MC-307/DOT 407, Cargo-Tank Safety” video (by Union/Middlesex HMAC).
- Involved in the development and script of “Intermodal Container Emergencies” video (by Emergency Film Group)
- Advisory on 1996 publication “Hazardous Materials Emergencies Involving Intermodal Containers, Guidelines and Procedures”
- Advisory on 1996 publication “Gasoline Tank Truck Emergencies, Guidelines and Procedures”
- Periodic speaker at Seton Hall University on Entrepreneurial Studies
- Responded and/or investigated in excess of 1,000 crashes involving LTL and Trailer Load crashes and spills and more than 200 tank-truck incidents
Speaking engagements: American Law Firm Association (ALFA); Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA); National Tank Truck Carriers Annual Conferences; NJ State Safety Council Annual Conferences; Middlesex County Fire Academy; Hazardous Materials Advisory Council’s Transportation Regulatory Compliance Enforcement Conference; Marine Fire Fighting Task Force; American Trucking Association; Association of American Railroads (BOE); American Towmen’s Association; Vessel Operators Hazardous Materials Association (VOHMA), Pennsylvania Hazardous Materials Association Annual Conference (HACC), Philadelphia Fire Academy, California Regional Hazardous Materials Response Organization, and more.